Webinar: Accelerate and streamline the design verification process in maritime and floating wind
June 28 @ 10:00 - 11:30
As the shipping and shipbuilding industry makes great strides in digitalization, there are more opportunities to streamline and accelerate its approval processes where the use of 3D models instead of drawings has become a reality.
This webinar focuses on the ongoing standardisation initiative in Maritime: “The Open Class 3D Exchange Standard”. The standard aims to streamline and accelerate the design verification processes traditionally based on conventional 2D drawings by the use of 3D models instead. The purpose of the webinar is to share the experience of the Maritime journey highlighting the outcome and benefits to the stakeholders.
The topic is of relevance to future floating wind developments, and new concepts, in which efficiency and quality of the design process will be contributing factors to keeping costs down and making developments viable.
· Welcome (Astrid Green, Norwegian Offshore Wind Cluster)
· Introduction of topic and presenters (Magne Berg, Working Group Leader, DNV)
· The evolution of the Open Class 3D Exchange (OCX) standard and its application in maritime (Ole Christian Astrup, DNV Maritime)
· Industry standard (OCX) and how to make the most out of it from a Design Tool perspective (Ozan Uyanik, Aveva)
· Streamlining the design process, one model for all (Svein Gigernes, Kongsberg Maritime)