- This event has passed.
Webinar – Design of floating wind farms (simulation and digitalisation)
February 17 @ 10:00 - 12:00
INVITATION | Design of floating wind farms – Simulation & Digitalization working group in Norwegian Offshore Wind Cluster
The purpose of the webinar is to give you a good overview of the main aspects to consider when designing floating wind farms, being site optimisation, energy assessment and safety. In addition, you will learn about software being used by the industry and get some real-life experiences and challenges from key industry players.
- Welcome (Marius Selsø Håkonsen, Norwegian Offshore Wind cluster)
- Introduction and objective of webinar (Sven-Kåre Evenseth, Working Group Leader, DNV GL)
- Design of floating wind farms
- Overview of main aspects related to offshore wind farms (Magnus Ebbesen, DNV GL)
- Energy assessment (Tom Levick, DNV GL)
- Safety of floating wind farms (Kimon Argyriadis, DNV GL)
- Load assessment when designing floating wind farms (Lene Eliassen, Sintef Ocean)
- Real world experience and challenges from key industry players
- Aker Offshore Wind: Who are we, which tools do we use and what challenges do we see (Juan Pablo Del Rio)
- Siemens Gamesa: Model fidelity and uncertainty for different stakeholders in a floating wind project(Nico Maljaars)
We look forward to seeing you online Wednesday 17th February.