- This event has passed.
December 4, 2018 @ 13:00 - December 5, 2018 @ 19:00
14:00 – 18:oo: Market update
- Else Berit Eikeland, Norwegian Ambassador to Ireland
- Arvid Nesse, Cluster coordinator, Norwegian Offshore Wind Cluster
- Update from Irish Authorities and Research Leaders on development of offshore wind in Ireland
- Michael Manley, Assistant Secretary Energy, Department of Communications, Climate Actions and Environment
- Jim Gannon, CEO, Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI)
- Philip Nugent, Principal Marine Spatial Planning, Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government
- Valerie Cummins, Funded investigator, Marine Renewable Energy Institute (MaREI) – Eirwind project
- Liam Curran, Senior Technologist, Enterprise Ireland
- Liam Lacey, Director for Irish Maritime Development Office, Marine Institute.
- Energy companies
- Short presentations from participating companies
19:00: Dinner at Norwegian Ambassadors Residence
9:00-13:00 Technical session
- Magne Bjelland, Senior Manager, Kvaerner
- Derek Robertson, CEO, Subsea Micropiles (Ireland)
- Paul McEvoy, Technical Director, TFI Marine (Ireland)
- Trond Landbø, Manager Business Area Renewable Energy, Dr. Techn Olav Olsen (Norway)
- Jørn Haugvaldstad, CEO, Green Entrans (Norway)
- Gunnar Birkeland, CEO, Unitech Offshore (Norway) – Subsea cables
- Frank Emil Moen, CEO, Energy Innovation (Norway) – training and certification
- John Fitzgerald, Technical Director and Founder, Impact9 (Ireland) – Floating offshore wind: accessing exposed atlantic sites
- Barry Kilcline, Head of Projects, SSE Renewables (Ireland)
- Charl Burger, Head of Business Development, Partnerplast (Norway)
14:00-18:00 R&D session – possible Horizon2020 projects
- Finn Gunnar Nielsen, Professor, University of Bergen/Bergen Offshore Wind Centre
- Nguyen Dinh, Senior Reserach Fellow, Marine Renewable Energy Institute – Eirwind project
- Lin Li, Postdoctor, University of Stavanger (Norway)
- Edward Fagan, Postdoctoral Researcher and Adjunct Lecturer, NUI Galway (Ireland)
- Arvid Nesse, General Manager, Marine Energy Test Centre (Norway)
- John Breslin, General Manager, Smartbay (Ireland)
18:00-19:00 Wine reception hosted by Norwegian Embassy
Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge. We have reserved some rooms at rate 135 Euro per night.
Travel to be organized individually.
Registration no later than 20th November.