Illustration: Aker Solutions
Below you will find the full confernce as a video stream. For PDF of presentations, click directly in the program (blue text).
Norwegian Offshore Wind Cluster hosted the international conference Floating Wind 2020 on Wednesday 24. June 2020 @ Scandic Hotel Maritim in Haugesund.
Originally it was planned for a two day conference, but due to the COVID19-situation we decided to run the conference as a webinar for attendances from abroad, with the possibility to attend in person for the Norwegian audience.
There was a huge interest for the conference – with 999 (!) persons registered for the webinar, and 150 attending in Haugesund!
We are already planning for the next year full conference event.
Preliminary dates are set for Floating Wind 2021: 9th – 10th of June 2021! Use the possibility for networking with the main developers of floating offshore wind in Norway, experience the beauty of Norwegian west coast nature, and visit the worlds first
floating wind turbine Hywind Demo, and most likely also Tetraspar FOW turbine from Stiesdal Offshore.
AGENDA (click blue text for PDF’s):
10:00 – 11:15 – Markets and trends
- Norwegian Offshore Wind Cluster – Gunnar Birkeland – Welcome.
- State Secretary – Ministry of Petroleum and Energy – Tony Christian Tiller – Opening.
- 4C Offshore – Vasilis Markatselis, Market Researcher – Global markets.
- TenneT – Angelika Grohmann-Wörle – North Sea Grid.
- Scottish Renewable – Claire Mack – The floating market in Scotland and beyond.
- DNVGL – Magnus Ebbesen – Bankability floating projects.
- GIEK – Ivar Rekve – Financing offshore wind, building the Norwegian offshore wind industry.
11:15 – 11:30 – Break
13:30 – 14:30 Supply chain
- MHI Vestas – Pablo Necochea – Turbines for floating projects.
- Siemens Gamesa – Ben Bjørke – Key steps towards realizing floating offshore wind.
- Fred. Olsen Ocean – Sofie Olsen Jebsen – Supply chain – key to get floating wind industrialized.
- Kværner – Niklas Eric Indrevær – Floating offshore wind – EPCI learnings and path forward.
- Østensjø – Håkon Vevang – Service Operation Vessels in future wind farms.
14:30 – 14:45 Break
14:45 – 16:00 Foundation concepts for floating
- METCentre – Arvid Nesse – Introduction
- Stiesdal Offshore Technologies – Henrik Stiesdal – Industrialization as key to cost reductions in floating offshore wind.
- Dr. Techn. Olav Olsen – Trond Landbø – OO-Star Wind Floater.
- Rosenberg Worley – Knut Høiland – Flexifloat.
- Ideol – Ole Stobbe – Concrete Progress – Local Content and Cost Competitivity with Ideol’s Damping Pool®
- Principle Power – Cian Conroy
- Bluewind – Kåre Olav Krogenes – New generation floating wind system cost / safety / timesaving.
- SBM Offshore – Ambroise Wattez – Industrializing floating wind to push the limits of energy transition.
Join us in June 2021!
FLOATING WIND 2021
Combined webinar and physical attendance
SET THE DATES!
9th – 10th JUNE – HAUGESUND, NORWAY